An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 83- Thank you to ISP Chaplain

As a wife a of an Indiana State Trooper there isn’t a day that my husband walks out the door to go on duty that I know he may never return.  On this day my husband received a postcard in the mail from his district chaplain.  The postcard stated “Each day I select a person from Lowell District 13 and pray for them. Today I have prayed for you. I have prayed for your wisdom, health, family and for you to be safe. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord turn His face toward you and give you His peace.”
I was so touched by this letter.  My heart smiled knowing that there are always many people praying for the safety of my husband on a daily basis.  My gift today was a letter back to the ISP Chaplain letting him know that I was thankful he prays for my husband and that I am grateful for the job he does. Take time to thank those that are praying for and watching out for your loved ones.  Saying THANK YOU is one of the simplest yet most meaningful gifts we can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment