An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 71, 78 and 99- Calls with Emily

Time is something that we all could use more of and I am sure if there were 26 hours in a day we would be wishing for 28.  Lately I feel like my days are full from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. To be honest I like life this way. I get bored easily so the more I am doing the better I feel.  I think on some days my husband would disagree since my over commitment at times can cause me to get stressed and a bit overwhelmed. Usually this subsides and I am back to committing myself to more projects.  I heard someone say the other day at a meeting, “If you want something done, ask a busy person!” I think this is so true.
Anyway enough of my ranting about being busy.  Sundays are a day to relax and catch-up before the beginning of the new week but typically my Sundays are just as busy as any other day of the week.  My gift on these days was time spent talking with my friend Emily. It is a gift to both of us. Even though if it seems like I don’t have time, I always try and make time for our talks. It is a great motivating start to my week.
 We are accountability partners and challenging each other to be the best people we can be.  We also discuss a book, this month, You Were Made for More by Jim Cymbala.  Great book, here is an excerpt from the back cover, “Jim Cymbala believes that anyone who wonders whether there is something more to life is on the right track. God does have more.  Whether you come from the bottom, the top, or the middle rungs of our society, Jim Cymbala knows that God can transform your life. You can become remarkable for the peace and joy you display.  Equip yourself to pursue the “more” God has for you.”
If you don’t have an accountability partner or a friend that is constantly challenging you in life, find one.  We all need a cheerleader and a coach to make sure we are living our best life!

No comments:

Post a Comment