An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 6-Bubble Smoothie?

I think I must be out of the loop, but before last night I had never heard of “bubbles.”  I learned that bubbles are tiny tapioca pearls that can be added to tea and smoothies.  They are dark in color, chewy and have a sweet taste.

Last night I met Wendy Taddeucci, owner of Simply Organized, LLC at Uptown Café for drinks. I would say coffee but neither of us ordered coffee!  It was my treat and gift for the day.  Wendy ordered a bubble smoothie, which I had never heard of but it looked yummy.  I think I am going to have to try one the next time I am at Uptown Café.  
Wendy and I are both professional organizers and have been organizing in NW Indiana for over five years but have never met.  We had a fun evening discussing what it is like to work with people and change their life by helping them get organized.  We had similar stories and both learned that we have laughed, cried and become friends with many of our clients.

Are there professionals in your community who you would like to meet, collaborate with and get to know better?  If so, reach out to them and ask them to join you for coffee or a bubbled smoothie! I have so enjoyed getting to know many fascinating people over the years.  I encourage you to look outside the four walls of your office/home and get to know someone new today!

Check out Wendy on TLC’s Hoarding: Buried Alive on January 29th.   

No comments:

Post a Comment