An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3-Letters to families of fallen officers

Last year I started writing letters to families who had a loved one that was killed in the line of duty.  Due to other gifts I was able to give throughout the year I got behind on these letters.  I kept a list of letters I need to send and eventually I will send letters to every family that lost a loved one in the line of duty starting in 2011 until I decided it is something I should no longer continue. No sure that will ever happen!

Today I wrote letters to the families of Border Patrol Agents Eduardo Rojas and Hector Clark.  They were killed in the line of duty on May 12, 2011 when their vehicle was struck by a train.  Both Agents left behind a wife and two children.  To learn more about these officers click on their names.

Through a tragedy that took place in my home town on December 30th, a young, vibrant 18 year old girl lost her life way too early and was laid to rest today.  I was reminded how quickly those we love can be taken away from us.  Never miss an opportunity to tell someone you love them.  RIP Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment