An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 91- No e-mail, no texting but a hand written letter!

About a week ago I received a letter in the mail from a friend.  The receipt of this letter made my day.  Everyone today, even I, get so caught up in texting and e-mail that written letters are thoughts of the past even though they are, what I believe, more meaningful and personal.
One this day my gift was to several friends just letting them know what they mean to me, I appreciated their friendship and their support and thanks for them being in my life. 
I encourage you today to take five to ten minutes to write a letter of encouragement, thank you or “just saying hello” to someone that could use a little uplifting nudge in their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment