An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 89-Donation to Kris Brown Family

I believe I was very lucky to grow up in a small, rural community in Indiana. A community that comes together in good times and in bad. On this date I made a donation to the Kris Brown family.  This is a family I have never met, but it was the right thing to do. 
Kris was in my sister’s class in high school and still lived in the community where I grew up, Versailles, Indiana.  In March his two young daughters were killed in a tragic car accident and his wife was left in critical condition.
It is on days like this my gift doesn’t give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, yet a feeling of sadness. After all of these months I am sure the family could still use your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment