An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

I'm Still Giving Gifts!

Over the past couple of months people have been asking me if I am still giving gifts on a daily basis and the answer is YES!  I have kept up with my goal of giving at least one gift a day for every day this year.  I just haven't been blogging about it.

The blogging for me got a little overwhelming.  As summer came, increased responsibilities at work and more traveling, the blog was somthing I had trouble fitting into my day.

 It is my goal to go back and write about my favorite gifts over this past year and then start the new year with daily posts, some will be long and some will just be a sentence. I believe in what I am doing and it has changed my life for the better. 

Yesterday was day 336 and through Samaritan's Purse  I was able to give an orphan a month of loving care.  In more than 20 countires, Samaritan's Purse is caring for orphaned, abandoned, and destitute children by partnering with local ministries that meet their physical needs while sharing the hope of the Gospel.  A gift of $35 provided a child with a month of meals, lodging, healthcare and education.

I hope you have been giving through out the year and that it has made a difference in your life and the lives of others.

Thanks for taking the time to come visit my blog and look for more posts in the future.  In the meantime, take a minute and go back and read some of the gifts from the first part of the year.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment