An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 2, 2014

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Some days my gifts are planned and others days they are spontaneous and random. Today they were planned. I started prepping last night by making banana-pineapple bread and homemade candies. I delivered baked goodies to three of my neighbors. It was frigid outside and snow was coming down. I loved it. I have been cooped up in the house all day, so getting fresh air was welcomed.







2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I didn't visit sooner. Giving is so cool. Almost always more fun than receiving.

    Love,
    Janie Junebug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janie-No need to apologize. I'm glad to have you here and now. Welcome! If your on facebook, please like my page and share with the community what you are doing to give back. I always love hearing from people ways they are making a difference. And yes, giving is more fun than receiving! www.facebook.com/1makingadifference2

      Delete