An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 61- Lunch, Day 72-Dinner and Coffee and Day 74-Breakfast

These days I gave the gift of time to my friends.  On Day 61 I had and paid for lunch with some old friends.  On Day 72 I met one of my dear friends for dinner and then we went out for hot chocolate and coffee. And on Day 74 I went out and paid for breakfast with a new friend.
Meeting friends for meals is one of my favorite gifts to give and receive. I usually try to pay if they let because then I feel like it is a real gift, but I am learning through this process that time and being there for my friends is just as important as paying or buying them something.  These gifts always give me something to look forward to and I try to make a conscious effort to stay in touch and go out with friends as often as I can.  With everyone living such busy lives these days I think it is easy to make excuses to not make time for friends. I encourage you to pick up the phone and schedule a meal with a friend you have been meaning to get together with for the past couple of months. It will do you both a world of good!

No comments:

Post a Comment