An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 58-Massage and Tip

On this day I gave myself a much needed gift.  If you have been following my blog you know I took a somewhat adventurous trip to Mexico.  On one of our adventure we went riding ATV’s through the Mexican Jungle and boy did I mess up my neck.  After I returned from the trip I went to see my chiropractor and he told me I had whiplash. I was in a lot of pain and he recommended a massage.
I have a great massage therapist that came to my home and gave me a 90 minute massage focusing on my neck, and shoulders. After she was finished I felt like twenty pounds had been lifted off my shoulders.  I gave her a nice tip (gift #@2) for her willingness to stay beyond the original 60 minutes I had scheduled. 
I find it difficult sometimes to find time to take care of myself. There always seems s to be more important things I should be doing with my time.   This is something that is a work in progress for me but I need to realize when I do find time to renew myself and relax I can be more open and patient with others. Have you made time to take care of yourself today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment