An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 50- Cooked Dinner (February 19th)

I am don’t think I am your typical housewife, I don’t know maybe I am, but I don’t think so.  My husband works an afternoon shift at least five days a week so that only leaves two nights available for dinners together.  The other nights my husband usually cooks or we go out to dinner for a date night. It is on rare occasion that I cook. I have my traditional, easy meals but nothing to write home to your mother about.  
I have been working a lot lately and my husband has picked up a lot of the house duties. My gift on this day was to let him relax a bit and I cook dinner.  Even though I am not the best cook he is always appreciative when I give him a break and I cook for a change. 
Is there a chore that your spouse or roommate is always doing without complaining that helps you out and gives you a couple extra minutes in your day? If so, surprise them by giving them a gift and doing their chore for the day. Small acts of kindness can go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment