An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 48 and 49-Girl Scout Cookies (February 17th and 18th)

This is one of my favorite times of the year. Not only are the days growing longer, the weather is suppose to be getting warmer but Girl Scout cookies are available!  I love Girl Scout Cookies. I love all types and depending on the day my favorite varies.  On day 48 I bought 10 boxes of cookies from a friends’ daughter. We like to stock up and put them in a freezer for treats throughout the year. To be honest I should I have bought more.  On day 49 I bought another box from the Girl Scout troop sitting out in the cold outside of Wal-Mart. I can never pass up kids selling stuff outside of stores especially on a blustery February day.
On these day I was not only giving a gift to the Girl Scouts but a gift to me because I received delicious cookies in return for helping out a great organization out.  I was never a Girl Scout but it looks like fun and something that grows young girls’ self-esteem and confidence. 
The mission of the Girl Scouts is awesome: Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.  If you haven’t bought your Girl Scout cookies this year it looks like there is still time to buy.  If you don’t like or can’t eat cookies then buy then as a gift. It also looks like they have program you can send cookies to soldiers in Iraq. You can go to http://www.girlscoutcookies.org/, type in your zip code and find the nearest location selling Girl Scout Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment