An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 37 & 38- Candles and Wings

I apologize for not posting yesterday. I spent the evening watching the Super Bowl and then reading a good book and to be honest I needed a little break from the blogging. But I am rejuvenated and ready for the week!
 My gift yesterday was simple and to my husband. He loves the ear candles. I have never tried them be he says they work wonders. I was in a health food store on Saturday so I picked him up two packages and gave the ear candles to him yesterday as my gift. He was grateful I had thought of him and bought the candles. Now he can clean out his ears and have no excuses for not hearing me when I talk.
I remember reading 29 Gifts and Cami, the author, not only talked about what she gave but what she received.  This evening my husband and I had to meet with our accountant to get our taxes completed.  Before we left the house a couple of Mike’s friends called to see if we wanted to meet them for dinner.  We accepted and let them know we could meet them after our meeting.  Our tax prep this year went much better than I had expected.  I told Mike, if it would be okay, because of the good results of our meeting I would like to pay for our friend’s meal as my gift for today. He was fine with this. When we got to the restaurant my friend gave us a coupon for our dinner. It was a gift for us!  We had a great evening eating good food and catching up. It was really a guy’s night with one girl…me!   At the end of the evening I asked the waitress for only one check.  The guys were very surprised and appreciative. I am thinking they liked having me out for guy’s night!  I also gave the waitress a very nice tip. This was my second gift for the day. She did a good job and I wanted to reward her for good service.

No comments:

Post a Comment