An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 35-Time

Time was my gift today.  Today was the first day my husband has had off since the big snow storm.  This past week I only got to see him a couple of minutes each day.  He would wake up just in time to get ready for work and then when he got home I was already in bed asleep. 
I tend to be a workaholic. I have been swamped this week with meetings. I had plans to spend this evening getting caught up so I could breathe a little and not fill like my e-mail inbox was suffocating me.  But at around 5:30 I decided the work could wait and I would spend the evening with my hubby.  We made homemade pizza’s, had a glass of wine and watched the movie The Town.  It was one of the most relaxing evenings I have had in awhile.  Work life balance is something I have always struggled with but I think today life won.

No comments:

Post a Comment