An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 32-Children’s Hospital

When I was younger I spent quite a bit of time in the hospital for asthma related illnesses and bronchitis.  I can still remember all the people that came to visit me and the gifts they brought.  My favorite gift was an orange xylophone with animals on the keys. 

My cousin Logan, eight years old, was admitted to Cincinnati Children’s hospital this weekend and will be there for at least another week.  Today I called the hospital gift shop to have a gift bag delivered to his room.  He is a Cincinnati Reds fan. They lady I spoke with was so nice. She was going to get a red gift bag and put in a couple of games, a red’s hat and a Red’s Mylar balloon.   I hope the gifts were a great surprise and the games take his mind of being in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment