An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7-Recipes

Well one week down and fifty-one more to go in my Year of Giving! Over the Christmas break I had eleven days off of work. This was a much needed break. Even though I love my job it is a brain drain. I need a good healthy break every several months to keep my energy up and to stay focused. On one of my days off I spent an entire day in the kitchen.  Even though I can’t cook worth a darn, I can bake and create scrumptious candies.  Or at least that is what my friends and family tells me.
After I shipped and delivered my treats, friends followed up with e-mails asking for the recipes. For my gift today, I sent my recipes to not only the friends that asked, but several who didn’t ask. I thought they may like to add several new goodies to their collection.
Do you have a recipe that everyone loves or that you love to make? If so, share it. I love pulling out my recipes and seeing the person’s name at the top who gave it to me. It is like having them beside me in the kitchen. I don’t know about you but many of my recipes bring back a memory or a special occasion or time in my life. And that always makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment