An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4- Homemade Treat Bags

Do you say thank you to the people that provide services for you on a daily, weekly or monthly basis?  When was the last time you thanked the teller at the bank or the person who delivers your mail or picks up your garbage. I am good about verbally saying thank you but rarely show my appreciation through the form of a gift.  Through this gift giving challenge I hope I can recognize those that provide essential services that help keep my everyday life healthy and balanced.
I am fortunate to have a cleaning service clean my home on a monthly basis.  I work long hours and am working on my MBA.  I had to learn awhile ago that I can’t do everything and it is okay to ask for help.  Today three ladies from Whistle While We Work Cleaning Services, LLC came to clean my home.  Much to my surprise they provided me with a gift of hot chocolate and a note stating “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” Phyllis Diller
As the ladies were leaving I provided each of them with a homemade treat bag I had assembled the night before. I used small cellophane bags, colored ribbon, a card I downloaded from www.29gifts.org and a treat. I made the treats by spreading peanut butter between two Ritz crackers, dipping the cracker sandwich in melted white chocolate and sprinkled with colored sprinkles.  I think they were surprised and grateful!
I encourage you to think of ways you can use your talents to say thank you to the people that make your life a little easier. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much and our ladies so appreciate the sweet treats too! They were both surprised and grateful! :) Whistle While We Work
    Jamie & Lisa

    ReplyDelete