An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 29-Turkey Pies

Today was a great day. I spent this morning getting to watch my niece at gymnastics, spent the afternoon playing board games and getting her ready for a birthday party and then enjoyed an evening of conversation, food and more board games with family and friends. 

My husband and I love trying new restaurants. Even though we both are picky eaters we prefer unique, family owned restaurants as opposed to chains restaurants. One of our favorite restaurants in Valparaiso, IN is Strongbow Inn. They are known for anything turkey. When my parents visit this is one place they always love to have dinner. My father loves their turkey dinner and my mother loves their homemade turkey pies and gravy.  Strongbow also sells their turkey pies by the half dozen to go.  This past week I pick up a dozen for the gathering today as my gift.

The turkey pies were a big hit!  It was something different, something homemade and I felt good that I had supported a local business. If you are ever in Valparaiso I highly recommend stopping by Strongbow Inn for a great meal.  Oh and I forgot to mention, not only do they have great meals, but they have a bakery with cookies, pies and cakes that are dessert lovers dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment