An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 28-Window Clings

My little niece loves dogs.  She has all different kinds of stuffed dogs and figurines. She recently had to purchase little dog magnets. She just can’t resist anything that has a dog on it.  When she was younger, I found these adorable dog stickers. She called them the “tiny” dog stickers and when she was about to run out she would let me know. Thank goodness Staples kept them in stock.

During Halloween she came to visit me and I had bought Halloween window clings for her to decorate my sliding glass door.  She had a great time and it was a fun activity she could do on her own.  Several weeks ago I came across Valentine dog window clings. They were adorable. The clings were of dogs with hearts, roses and cupcakes.  Today I drove down to Indy to visit with my friends and family. When I arrived I gave her the window clings.  We went into her room to put them on the window; she looked at the first dog and said, “What a sweetie….cutie!”

I love that the smallest of gifts and those that are inexpensive can bring such great joy to a child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment