An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25-Accountability

Do you have an accountability partner; someone that holds you to your goals, dreams and keeps you on track and challenges you to be the best person you can be?  I am fortunate enough to have a dear friend from college that is my accountability partner.  I had received a book from my mom, Pathway to Purpose for Women by Katie Brazelton several years back.  I had started the book but for reason never finished it. I really felt I needed to read this book alongside someone that would keep me on track and keep me focused. I asked my friend and she agreed. It has been a great journey and we have decided to continue reading, learning and challenging each other. We start a new book on Sunday. The book is You Were Made for More by Jim Cymbala. I sent my friend a copy of the book as my gift for today.

If you don’t have accountability partner think about finding one. It has enriched my life and I look forward to our next our next journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment