An old man walked up a shore littered with thousands of starfish, beached and dying after a storm. A young man was picking them up and flinging them back into the ocean. "Why do you bother?" the old man scofted. "You're not saving enough to make a difference." The young man picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back to the water. "Made a difference to that one," he said.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17- My “to do” list will have to wait!

I am very driven by my “to do” list. The list that never seems to get smaller but is always increasing in the number of things I need to accomplish each day.  I am good at prioritizing and getting what needs to get done for each day. Due to much of my day spent either working or school many of my tasks have to wait for the weekend or when I get a day off.
Today I was off work for the observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  Usually I spend my extra day off scrambling around the house, burning calories, as I make significant progress on the things I want to accomplish.
Today was different. I gave the gift of time to two of my dear friends.  I have been fortunate enough to develop many strong relationships while living in Northwest Indiana. As an adult, I feel this is difficult sometimes because you don’t have the bond of going to the same school or growing up in the same town. I moved to “the region” after getting married and so I had no ties to the area. For me I thought it would be difficult to make friends because I work from home and I don’t have children. I think many adults make friends through connections made through work or their children.  God has blessed me with many great friends who have come into my life in a variety of ways.
I spent a significant amount of my day with my girlfriends. It was great to relax, eat good food and catch up on life.  It was a good feeling to say… “my “to do” list will have to wait!”   I know it will be there for me tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Come and see how 1,000's of people like YOU are making a LIVING by staying home and are living their wildest dreams right NOW.
    GET FREE ACCESS INSTANLY

    ReplyDelete